NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING . THE ACSOBA AGM WILL BE RE-CONVENED ON FRIDAY 29 MAY 2020 AT 6.30PM IN A VIRTUAL TELECONFERENCING FORMAT USING A 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE , ZOOM
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
To All Members, Anglo-Chinese School Old Boys’ Association.
The Multi-Ministry Taskforce set up to direct the government's response to Covid-19 announced tighter measures on 24 March 2020 to minimise further spread of Covid-19.
In compliance with this advisory, the ACSOBA Management Committee made a decision to cancel the AGM originally scheduled on Friday 27 March 2020 and reconvene the AGM when the circuit breaker measures have been withdrawn. On 21 April 2020, the government announced that circuit breaker measures would be extended till 1 June 2020. With this extension and the uncertainty over the duration of the circuit breaker measures, as well as the likelihood that gatherings and social distancing restrictions will remain in place even after circuit breaker restrictions are lifted, the OBA MC decided that it should convene an online AGM instead of waiting to hold a physical AGM after the circuit breaker measures have been fully withdrawn.
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Association will be re-convened on Friday 29 May 2020 at 6:30pm in a virtual teleconferencing format using a 3rd party software, Zoom, to conduct the following business:
1. To approve an extension of time from 31 March 2020 to 29 May 2020 to hold this AGM.
2. To approve an extension of the terms of the office bearers due for election this year (namely the President, 2nd Vice President, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Assistant Secretary and two committee members) from 31 March 2020 to 29 May 2020.
3. To approve and ratify all decisions duly made by the Committee from 1 April 2020 to 29 May 2020.
4. To confirm the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 29 March 2019.
[Click to Download]
5. To receive the Management Committee’s Annual Report for 2019.
6. To receive the Reports from the Principals of the ACS Schools.
7. To pass the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2019.
8. To elect members of the Management Committee for 2020/2021*
9. To appoint an Auditor and to authorise the Management Committee to determine their remuneration.
10. To transact any other business.
Singapore, 14 May 2020
· Nominations for the following posts must be received by 5.00 p.m. on Tuesday, 26 May 2020 with the name of a proposer and seconder, both of whom shall be members of the Association. The nomination forms are available for download from the OBA website at www.acsoba.net from 15 May 2020 (member log-in is required – go to Members’ Area under Downloads - “Annual Reports”).
Please send the completed nomination forms to firstname.lastname@example.org , Attention: ACSOBA Secretariat / Helena Lim.
* The posts up for election are President, 2nd Vice President, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Assistant Secretary and 2 committee members.
· In order to reduce wastage, the Annual Report and Financial Statements are not sent together with this Notice of Annual General Meeting but will be available for download from the OBA website at www.acsoba.net from 12 March 2020 (member log-in is required – go to Members’ Area under Downloads - “Annual Reports”).
We thank you for your understanding in advance.
Administrative instructions for Zoom
Step 1: Register at the ACSOBA website for the AGM
· Please login to the member’s area at www.acsoba.net and register for the ACSOBA AGM event. The closing date for registration is Thursday, 28 May 2020 (2pm Singapore Time).
· The AGM will be conducted virtually with a 3rd party meeting software, Zoom.
· You may want to download the Zoom application into your electronic device before the AGM for a better experience.
Step 2: Confirmation
· Once we have confirmed your event registration, an email will be sent to you with the Zoom meeting link on the day of the event.
· This link should not be shared with others.
· Do download and install Zoom, if you have yet to do so.
· The Zoom "Getting Started" webpage has more details.
Step 3: Verification on 29 May 2020
· On 29 May 2020, from 5:30pm onwards, we will start to verify members who log in to attend the meeting.
· Please log in using only 1 device with camera activated, so that we can identify you throughout the meeting.
· Please ensure that your user name is changed to reflect your name and membership number so that we can tally this with our records. Eg “John Lim Xiao Ming 0103”
· We will actively monitor and remove duplicate logins.
· To ensure that only verified members attend the meeting, we will lock the meeting 15 minutes after the start of the AGM.
Step 4: AGM proceedings
· Our Annual Report can be downloaded from the members’ area of the ACSOBA website.
· Do note that the AGM proceedings may be recorded.
· We recommend members to mute your microphone except during speaking.
· If you wish to speak, please use the "raise hand" feature in Zoom.
· Zoom polling may be used during the AGM. Please make your selection within 10 seconds for each poll.
If you have any queries relating to the AGM, please email Ms Helena Lim at email@example.com